RIAs DevelopmentRich Internet Applications (RIAs) stand for a new type of flexible and intelligent internet applications with key factors being their independence from the operating system of the end-user and their potential of providing all functions of the classic desktop-applications in combination with the functions and characteristics of internet applications.
In short, the advantages of RIAs applications are the following:
- Independence from the operating system of the end-user (cross-platform)
- Intelligent functions
- Ability of instantaneous use without process of installation (setup)
- Easy updating to new versions
- Security (they are running locally in a secure environment that is called sandbox)
- The processing volume is transmited from the transporter (server) to the computer of the end-user